16 Jun Birthdays on a Budget
My husband’s birthday was quickly approaching, and we were praying we would be able to do SOMETHING to celebrate. Money had been extremely tight for us in this season, so we weren’t sure what exactly that would look like. We just knew we wanted to celebrate, needed a date night, and it had to be done on a little to no budget. As I was praying for provision, the Lord reminded me to utilize the resources He has already provided us with.
You can celebrate with little to no money!
That next morning during breakfast, I spoke with my husband about some of the things he might like to do. I signed him up for the Nothing Bundt Cakes E-Club to get his free birthday bundtlet, then I downloaded the Yogurtland Application for him and signed him up for the Real Rewards Account. This would reward him 3oz. of free yogurt for his birthday and another free 3oz. just for signing up (FYI: Only one can be applied at a time). And, I forgot to mention that I had a coupon for a free bundtlet as well (Yes, they do have a gluten free bundt cake!) which would take care of dessert for two.
We then visited the Houlihan’s website and signed up for their email club which awarded him $10 off his next meal just for signing up, as well as a free entree on his birthday (buy one, get one free). CAN WE SAY BLESSINGS!!!! Not to mention that my parents agreed to keep the grandkids for our much needed birthday dinner and dessert celebration.
I have to admit that after looking at our finances, I began to get a bit discouraged, but God seems to always step in right on time. So, the next time you are looking to celebrate your birthday on a budget, don’tÂ be discouraged, check out all of the wonderful birthday discounts/freebies out there. You will be pleasantly surprised!
Some other birthday freebies we enjoy:
- Firehouse Sub – Free medium sub
- BJ’s Restaurant and Brewery – Free Pizookie
- Jamba Juice – Free juice or smoothie
- Set up an email account just for your coupons and promotions.
- Visit your favorite restaurant’s website or download their mobil application to see what birthday specials they offer.
- Make sure you do your research ahead of time so that you receive their email or coupon prior to planning your special day.
- Visit www.hetitsfree.net or a similar site for a more inclusive list of birthday freebies.
- Most freebies extend a few days/weeks past your birthday so celebrate all week long!
- Leave a comment sharing your favorite birthday discount/freebie.
***Originally Published in 2016